Historic Restoration Building Contractor’s Assistant
Full Time, available immediately
Join our team helping to preserve the area's historically-significant structures, to adapt old buildings for modern use, and to solve problems where others cannot. Work and learn with us and get hands-on experience in the fields of general contracting, historic preservation, restoration, and renovation. Please explore our website for a sampling of recent and past projects.
We are currently seeking a strong, energetic, intelligent individual to assist to our experienced restoration construction crew on a variety of projects, from pioneer homes to sprawling Georgian mansions, from barns to museums and much in between. Work will be varied and may include: framing and finish carpentry, masonry, metalworking, plumbing, painting, roofing, excavation, shop work, general labor, and more. Typical site locations range from the Dayton area to the Northern Cincinnati area with current sites in Dayton, Springboro, and Indian Hill; with company headquarters and shop in Franklin.
This entry-level position is an excellent learning opportunity for a self-motivated individual with a mechanical aptitude and an interest in history.
- 18 years of age or older
- Valid drivers' license
- Reliable transportation
- Non-smoker/tobacco user
- Experience not required, but some familiarity with hand and power tools and construction work is definitely a plus.
- Ability to work in a variety of conditions including dirty, hot, cold, and heights
- Candidates will be subject to a background check before employment
- $13.00 per hour starting pay
- 7 paid holidays per year
- Paid vacation after one year of full-time work and accrued thereafter
- Retirement plan available after two years
- Inquire about other benefits
Email or call us if you are interested in being part of our company.